Author Topic: Handyman.  (Read 7426 times)

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
Handyman.
« on: January 07, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »
Graham

Lives on the estate.

Can do basic plumbing & wiring and is also an expert carpenter/tiler/fitter. 

07887 640545

Offline clancy_j

• Real Resident
Re: Handyman.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:47:35 PM »
Can recommend. He has done loads of work for and is thoroughly reliable.

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 05:42:18 PM »
Graham helps me once again at short notice :)

Offline G-Man

• Real Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 10:28:44 PM »
Same here fully second that

Offline Wotacourt

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
Graham it is

rspenceley

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
Ray did a great job installing my integrated dishwasher today. Great prices too.

Also does other jobs Inc Painting, plumbing, kitchens, bathrooms and all building work etc.

07933 422 450

Offline theseeker

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
To be honest, I wonder how accurate and reliable the information you gave are true. Simply I gave Graham a try and that was like nearly over 2 weeks now. To be fair he said he was busy when I first contacted him but then I told him the job is not urgent and that can wait for another month or so, plus he came highly recommended! Ok, to cut a long story short, in between, I have made 1 call, 9 texts, 2 emails and arrangement for a viewing was made only for him not turning up BUT texting me like 3-4 hours after the appointed time with an excuse that he was down with flu. Now that's fine afterall we do get sick. Anyway arranged for another viewing only for him to text on the appointed day saying he has to go out? And the third attempt, he texted me to say he can't do it but when I suggested some dates, no response??? Plus when I sent him two emails, he claimed his email was playing up too? Now I am beginning to wonder whether he was playing me or what? OR whether you guys were making all this up? Well judging from my experience, anyone who don't know him and wants work done by him, I wish all of you good luck, provided he bothers to turn up in the first instance.

rspenceley

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 08:00:25 AM »
Have you Tried Ray, I know he is busy but worth giving him a call.

Just mention my name,

Ray did a great job installing my integrated dishwasher today. Great prices too.

07933 422 450

Thanks Rick

Offline theseeker

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 09:28:34 AM »
Thanks, will certainly give Ray a try indeed!

Offline tigercelt

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:06 PM »
The seeker, your experience isn't mine either and I don't like to see someone's livelihood slandered on this site, good to see others experiences are the same as mine, perhaps Graham wasn't well and maybe his email account is down, I know I had issues with mine when yahoo/btinternet made some changes.

Offline ai8401

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 09:24:32 PM »
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good handyman and painter decorator?  I have been renting out my flat in SCC, and it's a right state from the various tenancies.  Looking for someone to help with sorting lots of things out.  (bathrooms, window sill replacing, grouting, new lining paper, painting ).  Saw the last posts on here are a few months old....
Thanks

Offline ai8401

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 02:18:36 PM »
I found someone in the end - Melvin at Sitka Ltd.  They did a great job in painting, decorating, regrouting and re-sealing...
http://trustedtraders.which.co.uk/businesses/sitka-ltd/

TSH

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 03:17:38 PM »
Hey all,

Was wondering if there is a basic handyperson in the area. Just simply to put up 6/87 wall photos hangings in Sail Court, Virginia Quay?
Flexible with time/rates.

Thanks,

Trush