Author Topic: Building cladding statement request for remortgage  (Read 1848 times)

Offline lee059

Building cladding statement request for remortgage
« on: October 15, 2019, 05:28:33 PM »
I’m currently doing re-mortgage for my flat in Susan Constant Court. The lender instructed a valuer from a company called “e.surv”. After the inspection, the valuer “suspect” there is cladding/ACM system around the building, and requested a statement from the building owner/management company to confirm the cladding system is compliant with the corresponding regulations.

I’ve checked and got confirmation from our local Development Manager Gerry that Susan Constant (and other similar buildings) doesn’t have cladding at all. However, the valuer still insists a statement of “no cladding”.

I was then told by Gerry that such requests should go to StatementOfCompliance@firstport.co.uk at FirstPort. They’ve been very inefficient and told me to wait until the end of week commencing 21st October to learn what would be the next step to get such statement. By that time, it will have been FIVE weeks since my initial request.

Has anyone recently done remortgage, selling or buying properties in Virginia Quay? Have you faced similar issues?

I will update my progress on this thread.

Offline settler

Re: Building cladding statement request for remortgage
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 04:29:09 PM »
Hi @lee059, am interested to know what was the outcome of this, as am looking to remortgage my flat soon. Did first port provide a letter saying there's no cladding?