Author Topic: TfL Fare changes for 2010  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Glen

• Real Resident
TfL Fare changes for 2010
« on: January 02, 2010, 10:35:59 PM »
Hello all,

Just to remind everyone that fares on all TfL modes have changed today and that Oyster pay as you go is now valid on all National Rail services within the six London Travelcard zones.  There are various PDF information sheets for this but it would be easier to check the TfL website for the changes that may effect you.  Better to know now than get a shock when you go to renew your ticket on Monday!  :)

See http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/13726.aspx for full details.

Regards - Glen

jayemm

Re: TfL Fare changes for 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »
The best change this year will be in August when Boris will change the name back to London Transport. 

Hurrah!

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »
I remember when I first arrived in London that a single fare within zone 1-2 was 70p.   I could never work out what possible justification was used to increase them by 10p every Jan 1st.

Offline Glen

• Real Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:21 AM »
Sadly these fare rises are not going away any time soon, in fact the rises will probably increase well above inflation and the RPI over the next few years.  Especially now that TfL are trying to fill the black hole left by the partial collapse of the government's ill thought out PPP experiment - thanks Gordon!  >:(

I would also guess that TfL will start squeezing the remaining privateering firm (Tube Lines) to go the same way as the failed one (Metronet).  It may be expensive but having one company run the trains and a seperate company look after the infrastructure simply does not work.  The Jubilee line fisaco being a prime example!

As much as I hate the guy, Livingstone (and every other 'expert' who reviewed it) was right in their damning of PPP experiment!

Regards - Glen.