Author Topic: Removal of old bath, shower and carpets?  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Real Resident
Removal of old bath, shower and carpets?
« on: July 08, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »
Hi,
I'm refurbishing my flat and need to have dispose of a bath, 2 toilets, carpets and shower unit.

Does anyone know if the council would take this away for me or do I need to hire a skip ?

Anyone hired a skip before and know what to do ?

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks

Offline The Dome Ranger

• Real Resident
Re: Removal of old bath, shower and carpets?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:21:37 PM »
Maybe the council would pick up 2 of the items free of charge under this scheme detailed below.

They will pick up more than 2 bulky items but you would need to speak to them about the cost, and it sounds like you would have to get all the stuff down to street level for them anyway. I haven't used the service yet though or hired a skip.

http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgsl/501-550/533_recycling_and_reducing_wa/large_items.aspx

Bulky waste (special collection)

Items that cannot be reused

If your furniture or bulky items cannot be reused we will collect it to be landfilled.  All residents are entitled to two special rubbish collections of bulky items per calendar year. If you are booking a third or subsequent collection, we will contact you to let you know the cost before we book the collection.

Senior citizens and those with disabilities are entitled to unlimited collections.
Each collection can comprise up to five items.
We need five working days notice to arrange the collection and will collect items between 7am and 3pm.

Please note that for insurance purposes, the collection team are unable to enter properties beyond the hallway.
For more information and to order a collection please complete an online large item (special collection) collection request form or contact us on:

Tel: 020 7364 5004
Email: generalenquiries@towerhamlets.gov.uk

Offline Sunshine

• Real Resident
Re: Removal of old bath, shower and carpets?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:23:54 AM »
Many thanks Dome Ranger as you are a star! The local council agreed to collect my rubbish as its below 5 items so hurruh!!

Many thanks once again!