Author Topic: StreetCar. Outside Studley Court  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
StreetCar. Outside Studley Court
« on: May 13, 2009, 10:53:45 AM »
There is a StreetCar vehicle (Golf) stationed at Studley Court.

www.streetcar.co.uk

himan_shah

Re: StreetCar. Outside Studley Court
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:41:04 AM »
Yes - it has been there for nearly a year now.  I think it is the second car park slot - just to the right of the entrance to the underground car park.

tim

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »
You can see a pic of its location on the streetcar website.  It's been out all weekend so far.

You get the first 30 miles free incl. petrol but after that it's 23p a mile plus petrol.  If you don't take out insurance (not sure if credit card privileges covering this kick in like they do at ordinary car hire firms), you're in for the first ?500 damages....

Handy that one is there for emergencies, short trips and when car hire is closed, but car hire cheaper (National Car Rental up on Barking Road the cheapest).

Offline Sunshine

• Real Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »
I used Streetcar this weekend and its amazingly easy to arrange and within just 20mins of registering I was off on the move in the car.  Its so convenient for Virginia Quay residents! Highly recommend it! :)

jayemm

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »
I wonder with the recent vandalism how a Streetcar user would provide he or she had not caused any damage.

jayemm

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 04:11:17 AM »
I recently joined Streetcar so I know the answer to my own question.  You report damage to the car before you drive off using the inbuilt carphone linked to streetcar.

The Studley Court car doesn't seem to be available at the moment; it doesn't come up as an option for nearby cars.  Don't know if it's permanently gone or just temporarily.

The nearest ones available are on Blackwall Way near the Ibis/Majestic, which seems brave of Streetcar, and there's one on the Boardwalk.

Let's hope the Studley one resurfaces.

By the way the FAQ on the Kengestion Charge is misleading.  It says 'do I  have to pay the Congestion Charge', and answers 'No'.  What it means is that you don't pay it yourself; you'll be billed.  Naughty.

They also misled me on the phone when I asked if you can reduce your excess to zero simply paying for one month, ie not monthly for a whole year which of course doesn't make sense if you only use it infrequently.  They said Yes.  Well, no you can't.  If you don't take out the monthly payment for the whole year, you have to pay a daily charge of ?9.50 per day.

jayemm

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:56:27 PM »
The Studley Court streetcar is back on the roster.  The other nearest cars are two on Blackwall Way at the Majestic end and one on the Boardwalk.

Offline Sunshine

• Real Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 05:50:34 PM »
Wahey - fantastic its back! Now we have a brand spanking new Polo on our doorstep.

I took it for a spin last night and its great!

jayemm

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »
Yes, it's new. That must have been the reason it was off the roster for a while; they were bringing in a new one.  I've used it two or three times, once just for an hour to do a few chores.  That's why Streetcar is a good alternative to a rental car.  Since I joined I also used one in Brighton so was able to take the train rather than driving there.  You'd be amazed how many there are in central London.