Author Topic: New dry cleaners  (Read 6288 times)

jayemm

New dry cleaners
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:18:38 PM »
Great, but don't put in four shirts like I did the other week.  Cost me more than a tenner whereas five shirts would have cost me less than eight quid.  Next time I have four dirty shirts, I'll put in a clean one too!!!   Better than hanging around Budgens and the finish is fantastic.

Offline Sunshine

• Real Resident
Re: New dry cleaners
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 10:23:18 PM »
So far so good as sometimes the queues in Budgens takes too long to get served.  The new dry cleaners at the station are ok. I put 5 shirts and 2 suits in last week and the shirts came back ok.  Not ironed perfectly on the cuffs however I prefer the faster service so its ok!

jayemm

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
My experience has been that the finish on my shirts has been one of the best I have ever had.  And far far better than going into Budgens with your dirty shirts!

Offline Sunshine

• Real Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 12:31:00 AM »
My coat has come back ruined as all the buttons have been eroded away ! I wonder where they ship it off to ... the industrial cleaners?

Also at the same time I had an expensive designer dress altered and they have managed to ruin that too! UNBELIEVEABLE!

They agreed it was all terribly managed and waived the costs however it still leaves me with 2 very expensive ruined items!  >:( :'(

I will NEVER be going back there again !

matteh

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:45:49 AM »
My coat has come back ruined as all the buttons have been eroded away ! I wonder where they ship it off to ... the industrial cleaners?

Also at the same time I had an expensive designer dress altered and they have managed to ruin that too! UNBELIEVEABLE!

They agreed it was all terribly managed and waived the costs however it still leaves me with 2 very expensive ruined items!  >:( :'(

I will NEVER be going back there again !

This the new place?

Offline Sunshine

• Real Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:16:17 AM »
Yep, the new place under the DLR.

Offline Osteryc

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 02:10:22 PM »
Hi, Maybe quite late for this one. I would't recommend them.

I used them in the summer for about a month because of the price - at 5.99 for 5 shirts, compared to 8.99 in the city. I stopped using them after complaining twice about the quality of their "ironing" or pressing. Typically I gave them my 5 shirts a week and once a suite (2-piece).

The suite arrived not properly pressed at the back, I pointed it out, they told me they would re-send it for pressing. When I picked up on the next day - they did nothing with it, it was in the state I left it with them the first time. The shirts arrived twice creased on both sides of the collar and same on the cuffs. I complained the first time, they told me they would re-send back the factory for pressing. When the same happened again - I pointed it out when picking up and the last thing you'd expect - the excuses: "We are a very large business and we cannot check the quality of work carried out at the factory. You have to check your items every time yourself when picking up."

Well, thank you, but I can't be bothered unwrapping all my shirts every time I pick them up.

Now my shirts are back with my cleaner in the city - they are a very small business, they do the washing and pressing right in the shop. No complains there yet.

Osteryc

rspenceley

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:40 PM »

I have been using the budgens dry cleaning service for 2 months now, my shirts always come back pressed and clean - @ ?5.99 for 5 shirts its a real bargain. I've also had suit trousers dry cleaned, again they came back very well pressed.

Can't comment on the cleaners under the DLR but the budgen service I have to say has been outstanding to date...

jayemm

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 08:17:22 PM »
In these situations, what are the checks on this site that the contributions are not fake; that they are from people badmouthing one service to favour another?  The cleaners under the DLR have always seemed great to me, though I have not used them for a while as I have been working abroad a lot. They were always preferable to me than to go in to Budgens and stand in a queue with dirty clothing,  never mind buying food from someone who has just handled them!

The paradox, I suppose, of my message here is that it could seem like I am someone from the DLR dry cleaners!!

Sauve qui peut!

rspenceley

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 08:41:57 AM »

you mean your not from the the dry cleaners ???  ;D

matteh

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 08:59:21 AM »
In these situations, what are the checks on this site that the contributions are not fake; that they are from people badmouthing one service to favour another?  The cleaners under the DLR have always seemed great to me, though I have not used them for a while as I have been working abroad a lot. They were always preferable to me than to go in to Budgens and stand in a queue with dirty clothing,  never mind buying food from someone who has just handled them!

The paradox, I suppose, of my message here is that it could seem like I am someone from the DLR dry cleaners!!

Sauve qui peut!

I'd say that the 'regular posters' know each other - or know of each other....

jayemm

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 10:19:06 AM »
yep, my brain has definitely stopped working....I didn't realise this forum was just for the six or seven regular contributors...and that people from the 'outside' might view it without registering or commenting. and that there are one or two aggressive contributors.  I forgot I am a 'troll'....perhaps it is time for someone to start a new forum......with no aggression and no adverse comments that make VQ seem like a financial 'sink hole', which it is not.....byeeeeeeeeeee

matteh

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »
yep, my brain has definitely stopped working....I didn't realise this forum was just for the six or seven regular contributors...and that people from the 'outside' might view it without registering or commenting. and that there are one or two aggressive contributors.  I forgot I am a 'troll'....perhaps it is time for someone to start a new forum......with no aggression and no adverse comments that make VQ seem like a financial 'sink hole', which it is not.....byeeeeeeeeeee

Why not grow up a little?

The point I'm making is that if anyone suddenly posted something offensive or over the top (positive or negative), or if an 'unrecognised' person posted something slightly dodgy - one of us would pick up on it and question it, I'm sure.  Anyone viewing this who isn't familiar with the regular contributors, would also see the original poster being questioned or the post be moved.

You seem to have a habit of creating problems where there isn't a problem?