Author Topic: Adjusting 2 way door hinges  (Read 5521 times)

Offline Bellavita

Adjusting 2 way door hinges
« on: October 31, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »
Does anybody know how to adjust these door hinges that open in 2 directions? I saw the service man do it a long time ago but didnt take enough notice to do it my self. I just know that he said it was very easy and didnt need a service man to do it if you knew what you were doing. I've searched on the internet but I cant find anything. One of my Patio doors presently opens on one hinge when I try it on the second position (which is meant to tilt from the bottom, and open on top), which makes this very perilous for the 1 year old baby sitting beneath it! Can anyone advise?
Thank you

Offline Bellavita

Re: Adjusting 2 way door hinges
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:15:18 AM »
OK, that didnt work. Didnt get any replies.
Did anyone else have problems with their two way hinged balcony doors and do you know someone who can fix them. I have lost the contact details of the guy who did it and I cant find anyone to ask.
Thanks.

sarah8687

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »
One of mine broke the same way yours did so we just resorted to using the other one instead!  Because of the way the wall is around the door I don't think the door can fall off even if the bottom hinge is leaning out and the top one is off completely.

Offline Bellavita

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:11:34 PM »
Hi all, I have found a man who knows how to adjust and fix these doors / windows and he's a hell of alot cheaper than the one recommended by Barrets, so let me know if you want a phone number. Cheers