Author Topic: My window cleaner has disappeared. Anyone have a contact?  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
My window cleaner has disappeared. Anyone have a contact?
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:11:50 AM »
This is the second window cleaner I've used that's disappeared without trace.    Something fishy going on in the window cleaning business obviously, either that or it's so lucrative that they only need to work 4 years before being able to retire?    Hmmmmm...... where's my bucket?   :D

Anyone have a window cleaner?   Care to share his details?   ;)

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
Re: My window cleaner has disappeared. Anyone have a contact?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:05:29 AM »
Yay !  He's back.

Anyone need a good window cleaner?   From the state of some of the winows I see around here I'd say that the answer should be YES!

Trevor 07762593123

He's here next Friday at 10 if anyone else wants theirs done.

Offline Sam

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 06:26:59 PM »
Is he able to clean high windows (we are a top floor flat) and how much does he charge?  My flat mate and I keep saying ours need doing but did not know where to start in finding someone.

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 06:36:48 PM »
Window cleaners don't use ladders anymore, they all do them from inside.

?14 is the normal charge, but I get him to do my conservatory and the insides of the windows as well for ?20

He's coming tomorrow, give him a call.

Offline Sam

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »
Forgive my blondeness but how do they do it all from the inside?

Will give him a call when I get a mo as our wondows are slightly un-clean.

Thanks   

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 06:40:44 PM »
They open the window, lean out, and wash them.

I haven't seen a window yet that can't be cleaned from the inside.   Unless they aren't opening windows of course.....

tim

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 03:46:05 PM »
All the windows in flats revolve right round so you can wash the window easily from the inside.

There certainly are some windows you can't clean from the inside.  I once had a flat where the only option was to unscrew the side windows and take them off to clean them.  It was so high up a window cleaner from the outside would have needed scaffolding or one of those slings they use that they suspend from skyscrapers.

Offline Sam

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »
Ah we have big windows and one slides behind the other to open so he won't be able to do it from the inside - oh well back to the drawing board.  And the others only open a couple of inches at the bottom so again probably not possible.  Apparently you can buy some funny magnetic sponge so you move the sponge from the inside but it is outside but not sure if they work. 

Offline clancy_j

• Real Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 08:06:48 PM »
I bought one of those sponge things, but it's no so good on double glazing because the magnets aren't strong enough to work at a distance from each other

tim

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 08:53:34 PM »
Ah we have big windows and one slides behind the other to open so he won't be able to do it from the inside - oh well back to the drawing board.  And the others only open a couple of inches at the bottom so again probably not possible.  Apparently you can buy some funny magnetic sponge so you move the sponge from the inside but it is outside but not sure if they work. 

Ah, maybe there are different type of windows in some flats.  But take a look at the left hand side of the windows that seem to open only a little way at the bottom.   They probably are the same as in most flats.  You think that by using the lever and turning it only opens a little, but there is a brass button on the inside of the window frame when you have pushed it open a few inches.  Press that and it release the entire window to open as much as you like, and to revolve it totally....