Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Rotunda!!! Anyone seen this?
« Last post by geoffv on August 12, 2022, 06:28:32 PM »
Do you live near construction works in Tower Hamlets?

The council is committed to ensuring residents live in a healthy environment, whether that be through green spaces, restricting unhealthy adverts or even restricting noise or air pollution.

That's why we're inviting you to feedback on how continuous large-scale construction activity may have affected your health, and what measures you think could be taken to reduce these impacts in future.
General Discussion / Re: Jamestown Way Townhouses looking very shabby.
« Last post by KamB on August 08, 2022, 02:24:17 AM »
I believe many are let out with distant landlords. I heard one is a HMO to 9 individual strangers!

Still someone should be maintaining these properties.

Welcome back Peter!
« Last post by Peter De La Mare on August 04, 2022, 06:58:33 AM »
Don't live in a townhouse. But welcome back to Virgina Quay Peter :)

Thank you very much  :D

« Last post by kewpie on August 03, 2022, 06:31:03 PM »
Don't live in a townhouse. But welcome back to Virgina Quay Peter :)
General Discussion / Jamestown Way Townhouses looking very shabby.
« Last post by Peter De La Mare on July 29, 2022, 04:32:44 PM »
I?m moving back to VQ and last week I noticed how shabby the townhouses are looking now.

There?s a covenant in the deeds that stipulates that the white woodwork outside has to be painted every 8 years. I?ve done mine twice in the last 23 years so I?m due another now which I am arranging, due it seems most of the houses have never been painted.

This is curious as the bay windows and panels are starting to rot on some houses and the cost of repairing this will be many times more than just repainting it. Anyone on this forum live in a townhouse?
Classifieds / Parking Space Available Studley Court
« Last post by drfaziz on July 25, 2022, 12:44:04 AM »
Hi, Parking space available Studley court for rent at 90 per month. Email drfaziz@hotmail.com or call 07793283946 thanks
General Discussion / Re: NISA Refitting
« Last post by Christopher Newport on July 24, 2022, 12:59:50 AM »
The shop floor was quite tidy at the beginning.  It hasn't taken long for stock/products to be stacked up on the floor and near the end of aisles again.  ;D
What a surprise that First Port would authorise this for a 3 month period over summer months when residents want to be on their balconies and have/leave windows open during hot summer weather. I saw a "painter" closing a resident's window from the outside as he walked on the scaffolding.  And some youths looking at ways to climb up the scaffolding.

If they hired a larger painting contractor that brought more manpower to have on site they wouldn't need it to drag on for so long either.
General Discussion / Re: Rotunda!!!
« Last post by Christopher Newport on July 24, 2022, 12:35:52 AM »
The Savills listing info for thr freehold says the rotunda was leased until May 2022 for peppercorn rent, so presumably that was not renewed if First Port were told to move out.

The fact the plans have a ground floor commercial space is totally out of keeping. The only commercial space at VQ is NISA which is by the DLR and not inside the residential area. The estate is private residential area. Putting a commercial space opens VQ to anyone to come in and wander around (there is already an anti social behaviour problem along the river front and the monument area). How could the concierge stop/object to cars coming in at the barrier if there is a public commercial space inside? Anyone could then justify coming in, and park up in the visitor bays or Cape Henry or Atalntic Court car parks to take drugs or drink etc. 

And who knows what commercial space this would be. The mock up images seem to indicate seating on a terrace. So would this be a bar, coffee shop, restaurant? And what time would that be open until? The noise of this within what has been a purely residential area seems unacceptable.  And the developer states footfall would be increased.  Seems this would act as a draw for non residents into the community (noise, litter, crime). I can imagine it being a draw for people from the park (nature reserve) next door and be regularly busy. And the garden next door being effectively an extension of it (for take outs or even just more seats being put there in the same way eateries expanded their outdoor spaces in COVID).

They also state the gardens next the rotunda would be opened up to the Thames path. Why is this stated as a positive - it is not intended for non residents as this is private land. There is already a noise and ASB problem near the monument area into the late hours and early morning, this would extend the problem to the garden too, impacting residents of Atlantic Court and the houses around it.

I also see the Savills info pack selling the freehold stated 7 residential units had received "Two Positive pre-application meetings" with the council.  However, the City and Suburan Ltd website plan has increased it to 9 units. 
General Discussion / Re: Rotunda!!!
« Last post by gperowne on July 22, 2022, 12:03:55 PM »
Today 22 July a guy working for SG Trees doing a survey on the five trees in the Rotunda garden area with a view to report to Glen Charles and go for their planning application regarding the removal of trees. I spoke to a guy called Grank Spooner of S G Trees who confirmed this and here is his telephone number 01737 813058
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10