Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Seems all we can do is sit and wait and see. 
The email says we cannot make any comment on the appeal. What can we do about it?
It seems this is being appealed to the Secretary of State.

Unbelievable.

haha beat me to it

Not sure there is anything further we can do except wait and see?
FYI received a notification that a further appeal to the planning rejection has been made to the Secretary of State.

Owner is clearly not giving up.

It seems this is being appealed to the Secretary of State.

Unbelievable. 

General Discussion / Re: Potential Buyer looking for feedback
« Last post by Fizz on January 26, 2022, 10:28:00 PM »
I think it's a good place to live.  No issues apart from a dodgy lift in my block which has got gradually worse (although that is going to be refurbed this year).

From memory on the ground rent issue, it steps up broadly every 21 years with the next increase in c2040.  It was defined as the increase in house prices to be determined by the landlord which meant more than doubling.  Some I think negotiated to change this to RPI on an individual basis.
General Discussion / Re: Potential Buyer looking for feedback
« Last post by kewpie on January 24, 2022, 10:58:48 PM »
What are some of the key issues you have faced while living there?

Lived here 8 years. No significant issues. Convenient location. Local store Nisa is actually excellent.

I also read that some residents were not happy with the ground rent increase. When is the next increase planned and has there been any negotiation with the freeholder already?

Settlers court has an active RTM (it's the block that has won the right to manage). The RTM negotiated down the ground rent increase. I'm not sure if other building have RTMs.
General Discussion / Re: DTV Signal Issues
« Last post by mrangry on January 24, 2022, 05:23:00 PM »
Yep just got 6 channels left lost all the others, the TV chappy is visiting tomorrow to fix it, it seems very few people notice a failure in terrestrial these days or nobody tells Firstport. I cannot believe that we are the only people in three blocks that watch terrestrial TV.
General Discussion / Re: Do people not know how to recycle?
« Last post by Peter De La Mare on January 24, 2022, 01:50:37 PM »
I do not know for sure, but it wouldn?t surprise me.
General Discussion / Re: Do people not know how to recycle?
« Last post by Max on January 24, 2022, 12:00:02 PM »
Just lazy and ignorant people who can?t be bothered trying.  Very frustrating.
Yep. And don?t quote me on this but I believe when rubbish is put in the recycling, they can?t process/sort it?so the whole lot is considered a ?spoilt batch? and has to go to landfill. What a waste.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10