Author Topic: Whatever happened to the VQ Flags!  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Sausalito

• Real Resident
Whatever happened to the VQ Flags!
« on: March 15, 2017, 05:58:25 PM »
Hi All, I understand that FirstPort were keen to place up some flags at the entrance of VQ.

The flagstones have already been laid in the newly landscape borders/gardens at the entrance to VQ, but there has been no sign of any flags!!!

Talking to the porters they indicated there has been some objection from a number of VQ residence? don't understand why??!

More importantly whether these residences are still around?! or still living on site?

Would be great to see some flags promoting the area? not sure what flags they have purchase already - hope it isn't a pirate flag!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:10:23 PM by Sausalito »

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
Re: Whatever happened to the VQ Flags!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 06:43:34 PM »
I believe all the residents facing the dome and some of the apartments mentioned that the flags' ropes are really loud in a breeze as they clang/slap the poles.

I quite liked them though.

Offline The Dome Ranger

• Real Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:24 PM »
The flags did used to make a lot of noise in the wind but it must be a common problem and there must be a solution these days.

Just need some of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=flagpole+silencer&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=155849080263&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10777929749280108989&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044965&hvtargid=kwd-99423839776&ref=pd_sl_44oc6bnjzu_b

And here's something similar from the States...

https://www.libertyflags.com/silence-your-flagpole/

Silence your flagpole

Protect your ears...and your investment!
flag-accessories-snaps-cover-liberty-flags

Having trouble convincing your neighbors of how beautiful it sounds when your snap hooks clang against your flagpole as your flag billows majestically in the wind? Struggling to enjoy the sound of your flag flapping in the breeze amid the constant clinking of metal on metal?

Welcome to the club! We understand and, thankfully, there is a solution to this problem - the snap hook cover.
Snap hook covers reduce noise and help to prolong the life of your snap hooks. Check out this video for everything you need to know about snap hook covers, including a demonstration of how to install them!

Send your flag flying questions to service@LibertyFlags.com – we would love to help!

Have a great day from your friends at LIBERTY FLAGS, The American Wave®.

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 10:18:25 PM »
Haha great find! Someone send this to Ashley !

Offline Sausalito

• Real Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 06:43:58 PM »
Cool.. great find! - let me email Ashley and see if response..

When I think of flags these days, it reminds me of 'Fun with Flags' which is sometimes a segment in The Big Bang theory, it is hilarious. 

Here a few links to keep everyone entertained!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYmJLFEowaY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYy-IbsOdBg

Enjoy!!

Offline Sausalito

• Real Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 09:16:28 AM »
I email over the flag pole silencers to Ashley last night and he replied it was great find!!!

He has some ideals in mind on getting how to use the flag stones, ideally get the flags up.. let wait and see!!

The was minimal objection, just a case of what the Firstport want to do, hopefully Ashley will purchase these from Amazon!!!

Cheers again!! :)

Offline kewpie

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
Actually, putting up some noiseless flags is a really good idea. Hope this happens...