Author Topic: P4 Parking - Abandoned Cars  (Read 363 times)

Offline 586

• Real Resident
P4 Parking - Abandoned Cars
« on: February 03, 2019, 04:51:16 PM »
There are several cars on the development that appeared to have been left abandoned, that are just collecting "fines" from P4 Parking. One car in particular outside Sail Court has been left there for 7 months.

I spoke to the concierge, who advised that P4 Parking are aware of the issue but that it is "not a priority" as it take months to obtain the necessary court order to remove parked vehicles on private land.

If this is the case then what is the purpose of residents paying for P4 Parking, as this is the sole reason required for their services. They are very happy to issue false fines but when it comes to actually enforcing action on genuine misuse they are unable to do anything.

Can anyone else shed more light on the issue?

I intend to write to First Port management with instructions on how we can remove P4 Parking and get action on these abandoned vehicles.

Offline Max

Re: P4 Parking - Abandoned Cars
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 06:52:38 PM »
Perhaps the money paid to P4 parking should actually be invested somewhere else more useful.

We have countless decorative barriers and bollards that could literally do P4's job for free if they were ever actually used.

Offline mrangry

• Real Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:46:58 PM »
I agree that P4 are fairly hopeless, but I believe they look after some quite "high-end" estates so maybe they are just rubbish in our case? Closing the barriers more of the time would be a good idea and maybe an alternative to P4 that is more effective would be a good idea, I reckon removing parking control entirely wouldn't be a good idea.

Offline LBC78

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
Still no movement. On the abandoned Black VW Passat Estate car -it has been on the VQ Estate / Newport Avenue for over 12 months without moving.  It has 4 flat tyres. 

The Estate needs our pressure via this forum to take action and remove these abandoned cars. Tower Hamlets has to physically remove the cars, VQ and this forum can help to pressure for this to happen.