Author Topic: Right to Light  (Read 107 times)

Offline Fizz

Right to Light
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:20:03 AM »
I and I believe all residents in Wotton Court have received a copy of an application under section 2 of the Right of Light Act 1959 from the owner of Blackwall Yard (copy attached).  I believe this is in effect means they are applying to be able to build a structure which would block the light to Wotton Court.

Any thoughts what action we should be taking, should we be disputing?

Online JM1

Re: Right to Light
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
We have also received this in Studley Court as it is directly opposite our building. Worrying that they mention an opaque structure of unlimited height. This would block all our natural light & I would certainly oppose this.

Offline Fizz

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 11:31:44 PM »
As far as I can work out this doesn't necessarily mean they intend to build anything, the unlimited height is an imaginary obstruction which they want to use to flush out how much opposition there will be to building higher.

Online JM1

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 01:01:08 AM »
http://democracy.towerhamlets.gov.uk/Data/Development%20Committee/20050223/Minutes/$Reuters.doc.pdf

They were already granted planning permission back in 2004 for multiple blocks as per the link above & development of the site is mentioned in a report by Thames Water this year saying the sewage system canít cope with all the redevelopment.

It looks like Reuterís are pushing on with their plans now they are warning of loss of light!

Online JM1

Offline Dana

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 04:44:06 PM »
I've heard about a letter that residents want to put forward to stop this development (this development was already once intensely opposed). Would anybody be interested in helping to generate signatures to such a letter from residents that oppose the construction works (and/or contribute to drafting such a letter)?

Offline Dana

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 04:51:37 PM »
I've heard about a letter written by the residents who oppose the development. Would anybody like to assist with getting signatures to such a letter (and/or drafting or revising such a letter?)