Author Topic: Thames clipper depot noise  (Read 114 times)

Offline vq_resident

Thames clipper depot noise
« on: June 28, 2019, 08:31:08 PM »
Is anyone else getting frustrated with the level of noise coming from the Thames Clippers depot at Trinity Buoy wharf early in the morning? Iím woken up most mornings at 4:45am by them blasting their horns in what is most definitely an excessive manner.

I have contacted them in the past and been told itís for safety, i.e. to test the horns, however I donít buy that - the noise is more persistent than that, and seems to be for communication between boats and general greetings.

I have sent another complaint this evening - if anyone else bothered by this Iíd encourage you to also send one to add more weight to the matter! (Click here to go to their complaints page)

And yes I know itís the price we pay of living on the river...but the noise has become more excessive and disproportion recently.

Offline wacky

Re: Thames clipper depot noise
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 09:17:00 AM »
I tried calling tower hamlets and complaining once, it did seem to die down but need to keep hammering the council about the pollution. Oh itís definatelu purposeful and unnecessary cos there isnít any fog during the summer. If u been on one of the boats you would see the people running it, very arrogant and inconsiderate people with an attitude of Donít give a F