Author Topic: Orchard Wharf (nr. Trinity Buoy Wharf) Development  (Read 179 times)

Offline mrangry

• Real Resident
Orchard Wharf (nr. Trinity Buoy Wharf) Development
« on: September 13, 2020, 03:02:38 PM »
The website is http://orchardwharfconsultation.co.uk/ .
Personally I'm a bit confused as this is not the apartments on the roundabout; this is the development on the vacant site next to Trinity Buoy.
Anyway I'm determined to try and be as positive as possible but it's not easy. I think they have delayed this consultation to the last minute to limit the time for as they see it negative input. They seem to be trying to sugar coat this proposal which in essence seems to be a small container freight handling business (like the one by Cannon Street Station) with some affordable rent flats and a big landscaped Thames frontage. I see that this freight handling is needed but surely there are loads of less residential plots in the Silvertown area.

Offline The Dome Ranger

• Real Resident
Re: Orchard Wharf (nr. Trinity Buoy Wharf) Development
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »
I think the confusion is that Galliard are calling their site on the roundabout Orchard Wharf, and the actual wharf Orchard Wharf is sited where the Regal London riverside development is planned...and yet to be named by Regal London. Years ago some parts of Virginia Quay were marketed as Meridian Quay, but later they dropped that when the flats were completed.

The developer of Orchard Wharf, Galliard, are promoting the flats on their China site for investors. Hopefully they will try to limit too many property investors and try to build a community. It's important to get the balance right with so much over-development going on.

£530,000 for a one bed flat.
A 3-bed, same square footage as some 2-beds at Virginia Quay, £830,000

http://galliardhomeschina.com/properties/ouchamingyuan-orchard-wharf

Offline Peter De La Mare

• Administrator
Re: Orchard Wharf (nr. Trinity Buoy Wharf) Development
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 10:01:19 PM »
Well, itís definitely preferable to the concrete batching plant that was proposed many years ago.